Thursday, April 21, 2011

What's Your Favorite Fremont Fair Memory?

The Fremont Fair turns the big 4-0 this year and we are so excited to celebrate with our favorite funky community! Lets hold hands, skip down memory lane, and reminisce about our favorite Fremont Fair memories!

My first memory of the Fair?


When I was 8, my dad took me to the Fremont Fair on a warm, sunny afternoon and I remember thinking that all I wanted was to try an elephant ear!

Hand in hand, my dad and I squeezed through crowds of people in flip flops and beaded skirts determined to find my treat.

We passed by a wobbly man on stilts, a stage with drums and guitars, and funky craft vendors with jewelry, t-shirts, hats, you name it…

It was an exciting, colorful and loud adventure on our way to find the infamous elephant ear.

We spotted a long line of people waiting for their elephant ear and we promptly jumped into the row. When we got to the front of the line, my dad lifted me up to the counter to see what I had been anxious searching for. I looked down, and was shocked. “This isn’t an elephant’s ear”, I cried to my dad. “This is dough covered in powered sugar!” As I pouted in disappointment, I reluctantly took a bite. I let it sit in my mouth, and I chewed. I loved it!

I credit the Fremont Fair as the place where I first learned what a real elephant ear was!

Now it’s your turn, what is your favorite Fremont Fair memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment