The 40th Annual Fremont Fair is just two days away! In anticipation, we pulled together 5 great insider tips and top picks to help you plan your weekend of Summer Solstice celebration:
1. How to get to the Fair: Note that the 520 Bridge and the Mercer Street Exit off I-5 will be closed this weekend so plan to take alternate routes if needed. Walk, bike or bus to the Fair OR park further out and walk in. Go here for more details on how to get the Fair this weekend!
2. Father’s Day Activities: Bring dad down for the PCC Natural Markets Grilling Competition taking place Sunday at 1:00pm on the PCC Waterfront Stage. Dad could even have the chance to judge the competition and help choose which PCC chef prevails! The Fremont Fair's first Dog Parade also takes place on Father's Day at 2:30pm with support from DailyTicket.
3. Hours of the Fair: We are staying open late! New this year, the Fremont Fair has music on the Redhook Main Stage and service in the Main Stage Beer Garden until 10:00pm on Saturday! Make sure to celebrate the Solstice until the sun goes down!
4. Salute the Sun and Be Creative: Practice your sun salutations Sunday morning with Yoga for the Solstice - a free group yoga practice presented by Planet Earth Yoga and KIND Snacks taking place at 10:30am on the PCC Waterfront Stage. Feeling creative? Bring out your inner artist with Fremont Abbey's Arts for All. Make a musical instrument with recycled materials or dance a painting.
5. The Wine Garden: Sip wine in the solstice sun along the Ship Canal at the Proletariat Wine Company and Small Lot Co-Op Wine Garden. Acoustic music on the Verizon Wine Garden Stage provides the perfect soundtrack for a sunny afternoon!
What's your insider tip or top pick for the Fremont Fair? Share on the Fremont Fair Facebook wall and we'll see you this weekend!